You are here:
Home > Businesses > Tips to Green Your Office
Have a Question or Comment? Let us know!
Tips to Green Your Office
Top Ten Workplace Waste Reduction and Recycling Tips
- Recycle your office paper, newspaper, magazines, cardboard, plastic, computers and other electronics, toner cartridges, fluorescent bulbs, furniture, and packaging from shipments – see Business Recycling Directory
- If your office has some green space, consider purchasing a food waste digester from the Solid Waste District to compost your office food waste.
- Place recycling bins at each desk and at central locations in your office. Clearly label the recycling bins. Take away the trash cans.
- Buy recycled and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paper and office supplies made of recycled material.
- Print on both sides of the paper. Switch printers to double sided default and do not print unless absolutely necessary.
- Buy in bulk to minimize packaging.
- Donate unwanted office furniture and supplies – see the Business Recycling Directory and Pass It On guide.
- Replace disposable plates, cups, bowls and utensils with washable ones. Consider printing your company logo on them or have employees bring their own cups and mugs from home.
- Bring your lunch to work in reusable containers with a reusable cloth napkin.
- Update the mailing list and delete any out-of-date addresses.
Learn more about recycling in the workplace at an upcoming workshop, designed especially for businesses that want to be more green.
For additional information or questions, please contact the District’s Business Recycling Specialist Doreen Schreiber at (216) 443-3732 or email@example.com