You are here:
Home > Businesses > Programs and Seminars
Have a Question or Comment? Let us know!
Business recycling programs and seminars
Several times throughout the year, the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District offers FREE seminars to businesses and other organizations. Businesses can learn how to start or improve a workplace recycling program as well as how to contract for waste hauling or recycling services.
Join the staff of the Solid Waste District as we walk you through the steps to launch or expand a successful workplace waste reduction and recycling program.
Successful Recycling in your Workplace
District staff will discuss how to start a recycling program or improve the one you currently have. Learn about the different recyclable commodities, commercial composting, waste haulers and specialty recycling companies, performing a "dumpster dive" or waste sort and how to analyze the results, choosing the proper indoor recycling containers and signage for them, choosing a waste hauling and recycling company, educating employees/students/visitors on the program, changing recycling behaviors, marketing your recycling program, and how to make your recycling program sustainable.
Contracting for Waste & Recycling Services
District staff will discuss the terms and conditions of the contracts, types of contracts, fees, and how to structure an agreement to best suit your business.
Who should attend?
Businesses and non-profits who are interested in beginning or improving upon their recycling program or need contracting assistance.
What are attendees saying about the program?
One-hundred and five (105) businesses attended our workplace recycling and contracting seminars in 2013. Public venues, hotel chains, manufacturing facilities, universities, schools, national parks, places of worship, non-profits, city and local government, property management and real estate development firms, hospitals, small businesses and start-ups were among the many businesses who took advantage of the opportunity to start or improve their recycling programs and learn about contracting for waste and recycling services. Some of our recent feedback includes the following comments:
- “There was a wealth of information for both business or home.” – flooring company employee
- “A lot of great information and well-educated presenters.” – uniform company employee
- "I learned about the necessity of good signage and convenience.” – newspaper employee
- “There was a lot of great information and perspective.” – design company owner
- “I had no idea how many different types of recyclables there were. It’s gotten me excited to further our program!” – aviation employee
- “The presentation was very informative.” – county employee
- “The presentation exceeded my expectations. I learned a lot.” – employee of a non-profit
- “The contract presentation was extremely informative and thorough.” – hospital employee
- “I wanted to come in and learn something new about recycling practices. Mission accomplished!” – city employee
In 2014, seminars are scheduled for the following dates and times. Registration is required and can be completed online. Seating is limited.
||Tuesday, September 23, 2014
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND.
||Cuyahoga County Public Library, 5409 Turney Road, Garfield Heights, 44105
||Attendees may attend one or both of the sessions listed below
* Session 1: Successful Recycling in your Workplace -- 9:00 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
* Session 2: Contracting for Waste & Recycling Services -- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
||Register here for September 23
For more information, contact the District's Business Recycling Specialist Doreen Schreiber at (216) 443-3732 or email@example.com