You are here:
Home > Business > Programs and seminars
Have a Question or Comment? Let us know!
Business recycling programs and seminars
Several times throughout the year, the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District offers FREE seminars to businesses and other organizations. Businesses can learn how to start or improve a workplace recycling program as well as how to contract for waste hauling or recycling.
Join the staff of the Solid Waste District as we walk you through the steps to launch or expand a successful workplace waste reduction and recycling program.
Successful Recycling in your Workplace
District staff will discuss how to start a recycling program or improve the one you currently have. Learn about the different recyclable commodities, commercial composting, waste haulers and specialty recycling companies, performing a "dumpster dive" or waste sort and how to analyze the results, choosing the proper indoor recycling containers and signage for them, choosing a waste hauling and recycling company, educating employees/students/visitors on the program, marketing your recycling program, and how to make your recycling program sustainable.
Contracting for Waste & Recycling Services
District staff will discuss the terms and conditions of the contracts, types of contracts, fees, and how to structure an agreement to best suit your business.
Who should attend?
Businesses and non-profits who are interested in beginning or improving on their recycling program or need contracting assistance.
What are attendees saying about the program?
Over 80 businesses attended our workplace recycling and contracting seminars in 2012. Public venues, hotel chains, manufacturing facilities, universities, schools, national parks, places of worship, non-profits, city and local government, property management and real estate development firms, hospitals, small businesses and start-ups were among the many businesses who took advantage of the opportunity to start or improve their recycling programs and learn about contracting for waste and recycling services. Some of our recent feedback includes the following comments:
- "I learned that companies can pay us for our recyclables."
- "It realized the importance of setting goals for recycling and doing a waste sort to identify what is recyclable in our waste stream."
- "Very inspiring! I learned so much!"
- "I learned that it is important to get employees to take ownership of the program."
- "Very informative. I am so glad I attended this!"
- “I was lucky enough recently to attend a seminar at The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste Management District. While there I learned that the world is full of like-minded people who are interested in reducing the amount of rubbish in the landfills from their companies, schools, hospitals, and factories as well as their homes.” -- Chris, Front Desk Analyst
- “I would just like to “Thank You” for the seminar this morning. I think it was the best one I have ever attended.” -- Barb, Buyer at a local college
- “Today’s event was great. I really learned a lot and I enjoyed your presentation and hospitality.” -- Carol, President of a consulting company
In 2013, seminars are scheduled for the following dates and times. Registration is required and can be completed online. Seating is limited.
||Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013
Friday, November 1, 2013
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND.
||4750 East 131 Street, Garfield Heights, 44105
||Attendees may attend one or both of the sessions listed below
* Session 1: Successful Recycling in your Workplace -- 9:00 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
* Session 2: Contracting for Waste & Recycling Services -- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
||Register here for March 13
Register here for June 27
Register here for September 27
Register here for November 1
Download the flyer
for our free 2013 business seminars.
For more information, contact the District's Business Recycling Specialist Doreen Schreiber at (216) 443-3732 or firstname.lastname@example.org